Well, we are here! I mean there! I mean... in Germany!
It was a crazy couple of days leading up to our flights. We managed to get our car shipped, and other important things taken care of. My family and friends helped us. Our parents went with us to the airport, where we checked in and had a nice dinner. Then we made the long trek to our gate, with many carryons in hand.
The rows on the plane were quite small, but we did have a row to ourselves, so that was nice. The kids slept pretty much from takeoff until we woke them for breakfast right before landing in Frankfurt. Then we connected to our flight to Duesseldorf, which was only about 30 minutes.
Our friend Julia met us at the airport, and helped carry our bags to her house. She had set up two beautiful rooms for us, which I will post pics of.
Yesterday we went shopping, to get some things we needed but didn't bring. (I thought we brought EVERYTHING!) Now I just have to practice driving stickshift, which Chris will help me with tomorrow.. and the next day.. and the next.
So far, so good.
Winter 2014
12 years ago
1 comment:
Good luck driving stick. I remember trying to teach you a few years back! It's fun when you are not sitting in DC traffic.
Post a Comment