Saturday, August 30, 2008

My first week with the kids

This week was tiring! I have a fourth grade homeroom class, that I teach English and Social studies to. I have a 3rd grade class that I teach English and social studies to, and anothe third grade class that I teach math to.

My classroom management with my fourth grade class has been rather easy, and I'm enjoying it. The same for the third grade class that I'm teaching English and Social studies to. The entire math situation is frustrating. It's a class I otherwise don't know, and a subject I'm not entirely comfortable with, plus we're supposed to be starting in the middle of the book. I've asked to not teach math, and stick to my contracted English and Social studies, or to switch to second grade, because then, while I would have to teach all subjects, I would only have one classroom to manage.

I've been told my director is working on it, and I'm hoping to a resolution next week.

No comments: