Well, we've been home now for nearly two weeks. Finally everyone is over jetlag, though we would still LOVE to sleep in everyday!
Keira has started a library class, so her teachers take her age group to the local city library every Tuesday, where they have story time in German, learn appropriate library behavior and get to check out two books each week! Keira is excited about this course, and I am excited about anything that peaks her interest in reading. We are trying to work on reading in English at home, so that she is prepared for school in the fall.
Brady is busy being a boy. He's very interesting in cars and pirates right now. He like to jump on everything and actually, jump OFF everything too! He is still showing his loving sweet side every day though. This morning he said to me "Mommy, please don't marry Daddy, PLEASE!" I said it was too late, I already did, and asked why, he said "Because I want to marry you" while laying his head on my shoulder and hugging me. It brought tears to my eyes, it was so sweet!
I have read the first four Percy Jackson books, and eagerly await book 5 coming out in paperback in July! I am currently reading "The Angel's Game" but Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and have "The Girl with The Dragon Tattoo" and "The Girl Who Played With Fire" waiting to read.
I am also currently trying to prepare a topic for our March Teacher inservice day. I am working on presenting two ideas- the Gradual release of responsibility in our classrooms and tips for differentiation within the SABIS system. It's a challenge, and I'm looking back at my teacher training coursework for inspiration. That's helping me evaluate best practices, and I think, reminding me how to be a Great teacher! I'm also helping a friend working on her IB planner, which is getting me back in the PYP mindset. It's stimulating and exciting work- so I'm having a blast!
At night, Chris and I are enjoying playing Band Hero and Karaoke Idol together after the kids go to bed. After I go up to bed, he's staying downstairs playing some of the other games he got for christmas.
I have plans tomorrow to go to Koln with Bethany, to see the Bodies:World exhibit. I am looking forward to it, and will write about it when I'm back!
Winter 2014
12 years ago
1 comment:
Hey, I already read the first novel of the Millenium trilogy. Right now I am immersed in The Girl that Played with Fire. Happy Reading! Raluca Ghica
Post a Comment