Friday, June 27, 2008

Getting ready for Setting out

It's happened! I'm finishing my teaching licensure courses with Fast Train at GMU. I attended a job fair on June 14, 2008. I went partially to just check it out so I know what to expect next year, and partially in hopes of getting a job this year. I interviewed with one school, and got the job! My first contract lasts two years, in Germany.

My husband and kids are excited, and we have SO much to do! I've booked out one way flight for August 4th. We have to pack only about 10 boxes, and sell the rest of our stuff!

When we arrive in Germany, we'll be staying short term with my friend of 20 years. We're hoping to find our own place by Christmas. There are two other friends from my teaching program who have accepted jobs in Germany as well, and we'll be a few hours from each other.

This blog is meant to keep my friends and family up to date during the upcoming years, as well as document the events of a new international teacher and mom.

No comments: